Lead Operations Analyst
We’re building a future where every home is professionally managed. One where professional property managers deliver new “Triple Win Experiences” for residents, investors, and their teams.
But creating winning experiences that benefit everyone simultaneously? That’s hard.
Now, 1,500+ property management companies are doing it with a fully managed Resident Benefits Package by Second Nature. We bring the expertise, technology, and service that professional property managers need to make experiences convenient, rewarding, and consistent. Our reputation for turning old problems into new revenue streams has made us the only 6-peat national industry vendor of the year.
Join 120+ passionate, thoughtful people who strive to make a difference each day until every home is full of triple-win experiences.
About the Role
Second Nature is looking for a Lead Operations Analyst to serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) responsible for building processes that support and facilitate the operational success of our Resident Benefits Package (RBP) payments.
In this hybrid role, you will define, develop, execute, and support new processes to ensure the integrity and accuracy of our payment system.
As the Lead Operations Analyst, you will oversee and monitor the day-to-day payment activity, manage refunds and chargebacks, identify and resolve payment discrepancies, and work closely with internal teams and external partners to provide exceptional support, improve efficiency, and mitigate risk. You will also analyze payment data to identify trends and opportunities for optimization and provide insights and thought leadership to support strategic decision-making.
- Monitor and analyze payment processing systems to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Research and resolve payment exceptions, including chargeback and return transactions in a timely manner while focusing on and prioritizing the client experience.
- Provide exceptional support, resolution, and guidance to internal and external stakeholders on payment-related inquiries.
- Assist in the implementation of new payment technologies and systems.
- Develop and maintain documentation for payment operations procedures and policies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to improve payment processes and systems.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards related to payment operations.
- Create, analyze, and share visually appealing reports and data insights on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience in payment operations with a strong understanding of online payment processing systems and industry best practices.
- Microsoft Excel Proficiency is required; experience with SQL and Power BI tools are a plus.
- Familiarity with payments industry regulations and compliance requirements.
- 3+ years experience in a client-facing role
- Exceptional attention to detail with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Adaptability, flexibility, and excellent communication and collaboration skills
We get it. Requirements can sometimes hold people back from applying to a job, but don’t let that be the case here. If you believe you have the skills it takes to elevate this role, team, and company, we encourage you to apply for this role.
Remote Work Statement
This position is a remote-first, work from home position. Second Nature is committed to creating a culture and workplace where remote work fosters collaboration and connections and is a key part of our company story and success. To be successful in a remote work role at Second Nature you must:
- Be available during your scheduled working hours and give your full attention to the completion of your Second Nature job duties
- Have a quiet, professional, distraction-free environment in which to complete your work
- Have access to your own reliable high-speed internet connection
- Attend our bi-annual in-person company meetings (Second Nature will reimburse the cost of your business travel per company guidelines)
Why Second Nature?
- Health First: Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance; 401K Plan
- Location: Work Remotely from anywhere in the US
- Flexibility: Open PTO and sick days
- The Product: Beyond the awards and 5-star reviews… our clients and customers love what they can do with a fully managed RBP
- Diverse, Inclusive Culture: We embrace employees from all backgrounds with openness and respect
- Training: A supportive team to help you grow your career and unlock your full potential
- Growth: The opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a fast-growing startup that’s designing and developing an exciting category
Second Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We take action to ensure equal employment opportunities for all candidates and employees and to provide employees with a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. Our hiring decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by federal and/or state law.