We’re building a future where every home is professionally managed. One where professional property managers deliver new “Triple Win Experiences” for residents, investors, and their teams.
But creating winning experiences that benefit everyone simultaneously? That’s hard.
Now, 1,500+ property management companies are doing it with a fully managed Resident Benefits Package by Second Nature. We bring the expertise, technology, and service that professional property managers need to make experiences convenient, rewarding, and consistent. Our reputation for turning old problems into new revenue streams has made us the only 6-peat national industry vendor of the year.
Join 120+ passionate, thoughtful people who strive to make a difference each day until every home is full of triple win experiences.
About the Role
As our Salesforce Developer, you’ll play a vital role at Second Nature. We are looking for an individual that will be central to continually improving and enhancing our Salesforce platform.
We are looking for someone who can take ownership of all programmatic requests. You will collaborate with our Salesforce Administrator on specifications based on stakeholder requirements, validate the proposals, and deliver the solutions.
The Salesforce Developer will be working within the Technology team and will report directly to the Director of CRM.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Collaboration with the Salesforce Administrator to validate business requirements and any considerations (security, scalability, limits)
- Develop Apex (classes and triggers), Visualforce, (based on specific requirements) to extend Salesforce in order to support business requirements
- Custom User Interface development, including Visualforce pages/Lightning pages, Aura Components and Lightning Web Components
- Integrations: Use Salesforce APIs to integrate with other systems used in the organization
- Best Practices: Adhere to Salesforce best practices, maintain code documentation, and write / maintain test classes for all custom development
- Take ownership of release cycles to implement and deploy new/updates to existing applications and code
- Integrating and maintaining business applications to Salesforce, such as HubSpot, SalesLoft, ChiliPiper, Xappex, Zapier, Monday.com, NetSuite, etc.
- Collaboration with IT / Developers to integrate across the business
- Support the Salesforce Administrator
- 3+ year of Salesforce development experience and Salesforce Sales Cloud, Salesforce CPQ and/or Service Cloud product knowledge
- Able to work independently
- Able to collaborate and communicate effectively with business stakeholders / other Salesforce team members
- Proficient with Salesforce Lightning Design System and the Salesforce development lifecycle
- Certified Salesforce Platform Developer I
- Experience implementing and developing in Apex, LWC, Visualforce, and Java
- A proactive attitude to Salesforce enhancements and bringing existing code into best practices
- Ability to write, interpret, and critique technical specifications
- Experience working with large data sets and bulkification
- Ability to gather requirements and present solutions to stakeholders
- Active in the Salesforce community
We get it. Requirements can sometimes hold people back from applying to a job, but don’t let that be the case here. If you believe you have the skills it takes to elevate this role, team, and company, we encourage you to apply for this role.
Remote Work Statement
This position is a remote-first, work from home position. Second Nature is committed to creating a culture and workplace where remote work fosters collaboration and connections and is a key part of our company story and success. To be successful in a remote work role at Second Nature you must:
- Be available during your set working hours and able to give your full attention to the completion of your Second Nature job duties
- Have a quiet, professional, distraction-free environment in which to complete your work
- Have access to your own reliable high-speed internet connection
- Attend our bi-annual in-person company meetings (Second Nature will reimburse the cost of your business travel per company guidelines)
Why Second Nature
- Health First: Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance; 401K Plan
- Flexibility: Work Remotely from anywhere in the US
- Balance: Open PTO and sick days
- The Product: Beyond the awards and 5-star reviews… our clients and customers love what they can do with a fully managed RBP.
- Diverse, Inclusive Culture: We embrace employees from all backgrounds with openness and respect
- Training: A supportive team to help you grow your career and unlock your full potential
- Growth: The opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a fast-growing startup that’s designing and developing an exciting category.
- Compensation: Competitive salary
Second Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We take action to ensure equal employment opportunities for all candidates and employees and to provide employees with a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. Our hiring decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by federal and/or state law.